Saturday, September 29, 2007

Video - 2nd Squadron, 2nd SCR - FOB Falcon...

How's your Saturday? How about a virtual show of hands from those who have heard from their warrior in Iraq...have you? I trust that you are doing well and pacing yourself...

As I sit and watch college football (of course, I finished my chores first) on a quiet Saturday afternoon I took a quick spin around the net looking for any new videos on the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment. I stumbled across a video that was just posted showing the Cougars of the 2/2 SCR, which Chris is a part of, unfurling their colors at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Falcon. This video goes with the still photos on an earlier blog that you can view by clicking here and my original blog on the TOA here.

I enjoy looking at these videos. Do you? At a minimum it provides a glimpse of the base Chris is working out of and in this case, some of the leadership of the 2/2 SCR. I will probably never meet these leaders so any video of them is worth my time.

Here is the setting for this video:

Location:
Baghdad

Unit Involved:
2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment (Fort Lewis, WA, US)

Interviewee:
Lt. Col. Myron Reineke (Spring Valley, MN, US), Commander

Submitting Unit:
4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division

For our support group from around the U.S., thanks for all you share. To those who are praying and thinking about our men and women with the 2nd SCR - thank you!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Chris, we love you son. Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman


1 comment:

Marti said...

Once again thanks for finding the information. I only found out last week that David's FOB is Falcon so this unfurling of colors now becomes a little more personal.