Tuesday, September 11, 2007

2SCR Task Force Hell - RIP/TOA Completed...

For those wondering, no news from from Chris today - so let me share some insight the info hounds tracked down...

The picture shows:

Command Sgt. Maj. Charles Green, right, command sergeant major, 1st "Red Lion" Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, helps Command Sgt. Maj. Anthony Diamond, command sergeant major, Fires "Hell" Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, take down the Task Force Red Lion banner revealing a newly placed Task Force Hell banner as Lt. Col. Robert McAleer, left, commander, Fires Squadron, watches.

The Red Lions transferred authority of their area of operations to Soldiers from the Fires "Hell" Battalion, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment based out of Grafenwoehr, Germany, during a replacement in place / transfer of authority ceremony held September 8.

The full article can be read by clicking here.

How are you doing? Have you established your battle rhythm? Don't forget...this is not a sprint. Need someone to speak to and share with? Don't be afraid to reach out to a loved one, friend, pastor or support group and ask them to listen...just listen....I am blessed to be surrounded by people who simply ask, "M, how you doing?"

I am a tad bit weary - more mental than physical. But I am ok. My lovely wife is a tremendous source of encouragement and comfort - I am blessed to have her in my life.

I continue to pray for Chris and the 2SCR...I think about him every day...

I love you Chris - be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman

2 comments:

Marti said...

Isn't it amazing that even in the war zone the pomp and circumstance still takes place. I never thought about that before. It goes to show you how important traditions are in all walks of life. I guess it's what keeps us going.

Collabman said...

Marti - it is indeed!

Hope you are well!

v/r,
- Collabman