Monday, October 1, 2007

Fallen Angels...

My heart is heavy tonight. The news is breaking all around us...and I wish it would just fade away...but it won't...

There are families in the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment family that are hurting...I wish I could reach out and wrap my arms around them...

Here is the news none of us want to hear or see...

Lord, comfort these families and their loved ones...help us all to hold fast and lean on you...what else can we do?

Army Sgt. 1st Class Randy L. Johnson, 34, of Washington, died Sept. 27 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to the 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.

Army Sgt. Robert T. Ayres III, 23, of Los Angeles, died Sept. 29 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit using small arms fire. He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.

Army Sgt. Randell Olguin, 24, of Ralls, Texas, died Sept. 30 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit using small arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.


My thoughts and prayers go out to these three families and their loved ones.

Chris, we haven't heard from you in a while...I know you are busy and taking care of business...I love you...and I am praying for you and the warriors from the 2nd SCR...

Be safe...

v/r,
Collabman

6 comments:

Marti said...

The news of late has not been good. Let's hold our hands together as we get onto this ride. We still have awhile to go.
These fallen angels will be long blessed for the service they have given to their country as will their families for what they too have given.

M Marrero said...

My continued prayers are with all the fallen angels and their family. Today is October 2nd and even more bad news keep coming in as to our wounded soldiers. God bless them and keep them close to HIM at all times.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone give an update on my nephew, Scott K. Mortorman and SDM in the 2/2 Dragoons. His picture is no longer on the wall?????

Collabman said...

Anonymous - Thanks for the question. Scott K. asked that his name and picture be removed from the wall. I removed it immediately in support of his request.

Scott's request was sent to me by his mother.

v/r,
- Collabman

Anonymous said...

Thanks...you eased my mind.

Collabman said...

Anonymous - no worries. Glad I could answer the question.

Thanks for being a part of this blog and supporting our warriors...it has been a tough 24 hours + for the men and women on the ground with the 2nd SCR and their loved ones...

Thanks again...

v/r,
- Collabman