Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Feeling the Pain...

First things first. Please take a moment and pray for one of our warriors in the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment who was wounded earlier today. Details are sketchy but don't worry about that. What matters most is that we pray for this warrior, the doctors and medical personnel who are attending to him, his family and loved ones here in the states. - who have asked for our prayers. Won't you join me in lifting this fallen warrior up in prayer before you continue on with the blog?

This information hit me like a lead pipe this afternoon when I first saw it...like it or not, this is combat operations and something we have to deal with...but it's not easy. I had to take a deep breath as I read the email...just to get through it. I forced myself to reread it so I could feel every word...every emotion it carried. So yes, my heart aches right now for this young warrior and his family, who I have never met...we are one...we will provide shoulders to lean on and we will continue to pray for this warrior and his family.

I have set up my search engines to hunt down anything and everything associated with the 2SCR. I don't care if it's audio, video, textual...you name it...I want to see it. When I have a lull between messages from Chris I will share some of it here. The report I was tipped to tonight provides insight on what is happening with the 2SCR on the ground in Baghdad...here is a snippet...maybe your warrior is with the 4th Squadron of the 2SCR...

4 September 2007

Stryker Squadron Arrives in Support of Black Jack Brigade in Baghdad

by Spc. Alexis Harrison
2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division Public Affairs

FORWARD OPERATING BASE PROSPERITY, Iraq – For many of the Soldiers in the "Saber" Squadron, this isn't their first tour in Iraq. Many remember the days they spent in Mosul and Tel Afar under much harsher conditions than what they found inside the walls of Forward Operating Bases Prosperity and Union III where the squadron will be headquartered.

Now they have begun another rotation into Iraq. The 4th Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment has assumed responsibility from the 1st Squadron, 14th Cavalry Regiment, currently attached to the 2nd “Black Jack” Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, of the Karkh District area in Baghdad’s center, where heavy fighting against anti-Iraqi forces took place earlier this year...

Along with keeping the people of Karkh safe and improving their lives one day at a time, the troops are also concerned with keeping each other focused as they approach this new mission.

"Right now, we're still upgrading equipment, doing reconnaissance and working with 1-14," said Maj. Matt Mock, 4-2’s executive officer. He said that all this will lead up to the Saber Squadron taking over the mission from the cavalry troops from Fort Lewis, Wash...

You can read the rest of the report by clicking here. Thanks to Spc. Alexis Harrison for filing the report.

--------------------

For those who have been asking - we have not heard from Chris since last Wednesday. Pray for him and the other warriors of the 2SCR as they transition to operations.

Chris, I love you son and I am so proud of you and the warriors of the 2SCR - I remember!

Be strong and stay safe!

v/r,
- Collabman

6 comments:

CollabJan said...

Our Strength, Love, Prayers and Hearts are with the entire unit as they progress through their service for America & our United Nations. Please stay strong knowing the entire US + supporting nations are at your side every movement of every day.

contessa said...

Myron,

I too felt the pain of the family like a knife stabbing my heart. As I read the first sentence I had to choke back the tears that were welling in my eyes. The reality of war is harsh when something like this happens, because I know that it could have been my loved one. With the love and support that is given to one another we have become a family and together we will help eachother in times of dispare. I have lifted the family up in prayer and will continue to do so for everyone else, I just pray for the courage that we will all need in the next 15 months.
Our loved ones are the best of the best, and through their bravery, honor, determination, and love for us we will make it.
Prayers are with all that are fighting and loving a soldier, may god bless us all with the straingth to make it through.
Contessa

Marti said...

I listen to the news and hear of soldiers being wounded, but this is different. This time it was a member of my family. I have been up all night with thoughts and prayers for Ryan, Cheri and Mark. The fact that it was Ryan who called to tell them is a positive sign. I can only imaginge what Cheri and Mark must have felt at hearing the news.
Ryan is a strong and healthy young man and will proudly wear the Purple Heart he his has earned.
One day in the future, he'll even tell his grandchildren about it. Please take note that the key word here is future. Thank God for that.

Anonymous said...

I too was so upset reading Cheri's e-mail. Thankful that they were able to hear their son's voice, yet frantic with worry for my own son and wondering if he is in the same unit as Ryan. Then feeling bad for those selfish thoughts.

Can't say that I'm a church-goer - I beleive in God and I pray. I send my thoughts and heartfelt concern to Mark & Cheri - I can't even begin to imagine their feelings. Right now I sit here feeling nauseous with worry. Yet I have a care package ready to send off like all is fine. This is a terrible roller coaster we are all on. Selfishly I wonder how *I* will make it through the next 14 months. And yet our sons and daughters are out there dealing with it every day.

Anonymous said...

I get scared everytime I hear about wounded in Baghdad since the regiment arrived. If you get any info about the 3rd squadron will you post it too?

Collabman said...

Worried friend - count on it! I will share anything I find on the 3/2 SCR on my blog...count on it...

Thanks for sharing...

v/r,
- Collabman