Sunday, August 19, 2007

Headed Downrange...

The call that we were waiting for came and we missed it...his voice-mail, with the stress in his voice, was crystal clear - Chris was headed downrange into Iraq.

I added a glossary for those not all that familiar with the military jargon and their love of acronyms. Please don't be afraid to ask if you see something that doesn't make sense.

Here we go...hang on and hold fast...it will take all of us sharing, praying and staying together to get through these next 15 months...we can do this - we don't have a choice...

"What I've learned in my life,
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp,
So hold fast"

v/r,
Collabman

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband is serving with your son and I am so glad to have found your website. I have checked it each day and it gives me comfort to know what is happening even when I don't get to hear from him. I thank you for the daily updates as you hear them from your son. As I am praying for my husband and his safe return, your son will now also be in my thoughts and prayers. KM

Collabman said...

KM - thank you for the feedback and the prayers. You are welcome to comment on this blog anytime. ...we are a family, connected through our loved ones in the 2SCR...

Your husband is in our thoughts and prayers...if he knows Chris, ask him to tell Chris we said... hey ;-)

v/r,
- Collabman

Anonymous said...

I will. My Jacob joined the Stryker unit about 45 days prior to deployment so he is very new to a lot of the men that he will be serving along side of. This is his second tour in Iraq and it is so comforting to follow the steps with others who are going through the same emotions this time around. Wish they had this back in the beginning of the war. Thoughts and prayers always. KM