Monday, August 20, 2007

Be Safe - Come Home...

The drive to work this morning was pretty tough and it had nothing to do with the traffic or delays. It had everything to do with my raw emotions that came pouring out about half way in...emotions I haven't felt in years. Where is this coming from? Chris and the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment is headed downrange...into the fight - and I felt so helpless. Well, thank goodness for two things...one, my drive in is 30 minutes long so I had time to compose myself and two, I don't wear makeup ;-) Though I expect my eyes were a tad bit red from the tears and lack of sleep...this is hard...

Toward the end of my drive I kept thinking about how important it is to Chris and our warriors in the 2SCR that they hear from us in letters, videos, packages, whatever...so they know that they are foremost on our minds everyday, throughout the day...as we pray for their safety. I can't do much from here in the states...but I can blog...I can write...that I can do...

How about you? Instant messaging, blog, email, video or pen and paper...whatever it takes...it will mean so much...

I will leave you tonight with a 4-minute video below from Word Records recording artist Mark Schultz and his hit single Letters From War (from the album Stories & Songs). Nancy and I had the opportunity to hear Mark in concert at our home church and this song, though difficult to listen to at the time, was so powerful...and this morning it played in my mind over and over...all the way to work...

If you will, spend a few minutes watching and listening...won't you join me in writing to our warriors?

Chris I love you buddy....Be Safe - Come Home...

v/r,
- Collabman

Dedicated to all of the 2SCR and their loved ones...

5 comments:

Marti said...

Good Morning Myron
I too, had a bad day yesterday. Even though I didn't get in my car my walk down the street was filled with unusual feelings. I was headed to the market and when I got there the tears were just flowing. I wasn't thinking of anything other than what I wanted for dinner, or so I thought. At least I was wearing my sunglasses.
I watched the video. A real tear jerker. My eyes needed their daily cleansing. Just a bit of what's to come. But, as Tom said in his email..one day closer to coming home.
Marti

Collabman said...

Marti - thanks for sharing. Nancy and I are so encouraged knowing we are not alone in this journey. Thanks again for all you have done to establish the support group for the 2SCR - look at it grow ;-)

v/r,
- Collabman

Anonymous said...

Evening Myron,
Seems like I'm always at least a day behind when it comes to home computer technology, see enough of these things at work.
Chris is in my thoughts and prayers. Not really knowing Chris, I try to imagine who this young man is that eagerly goes forth and does what he believes is his duty. What thoughts are going through his mind, what emotions he must be experiencing, Who is this young man?
I look forward to finding out these answers upon his return, where we can give him a heartfelt "thanks" and shake his hand.
P.S. Myron sir, If the drive isn't enough to think things through: Know that you have a prayer partner a phone call away.... Or GASP, we could even not use the comfort apps and talk in person....lol

Jim

Collabman said...

Jim - thanks, that means a lot to me. Nancy and I appreciate you and everyone else who is lifting Chris and the 2SCR warriors up in prayer...no comfort apps (i.e., email or phone) will be used if/when I need to talk ;-)

v/r,
- Collabman

contessa said...

I just want to say thank you for that video, I have heard the song a number of times and yes somedays are harder then others to listen to it but seeing the video has more of an impact and once again brought tears to my eyes.
I completely understand the days that you cry out of nowhere, I have many myself. It is not out of anger, or frusteration but more og the unknown. Giveing it over to the loard and trusting him through faith is all we can do in this time of our lived. I am gratefull for all of the encouraging words that are shared through your blogs as well as through out small but ever growing family.
Everyday is one day closer to their return.
Contessa