Saturday, August 25, 2007

2SCR Wall of Heroes...

This has been a fairly good week for me. Chris' phone call helped tremendously, along with the social networking for the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment that has really taken hold. I am so encouraged to see people all around our great nation, who have never met face-to-face, reach out, share and say lean on me. This is not just chit chat...we are sharing real emotions, fears, joys - you name it, I have seen it shared and more importantly...I have felt it all. Marti - here is a hearty "well done" ma'am - I am sure David is so proud of you!

What would a roll call of our warriors sound like? At the bottom of the blog you will see their names, jobs and the locations of their loved ones...take a close look...and consider this an opportunity to pray daily for these brave men and women...maybe take one each day and pray for them by name...maybe leave a comment on my blog encouraging their loved ones. A while back I blogged about how important it was for all of us to show up, get in the fight and contribute. This would be a great start and such an encouragement to our warriors and their loved ones....

I will put a persistent 2SCR Wall of Heroes up on my blog so our soldiers are never a glance away from our hearts. Interested in adding your 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment soldier and getting connected to the support group? Drop an email to mljtexas@yahoo.com -- Marti can help get you connected...

Also, if I need to update/correct the information, please leave me a comment...

2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment -- Wall of Heroes
  • Alex V. -- Stryker Dismount -- Texas
  • Brittney G. -- Combat Medic -- Tennessee
  • Charlie D. -- Stryker Driver/Gunner -- Washington
  • Chris S. -- Radio Telephone Operator -- Colorado
  • David J. -- Reconnaissance Scout -- New York
  • Josh B. -- Rifleman -- South Carolina
  • Kris D. -- Mortar Guidance System -- Texas
  • Luke B. -- Vehicle Commander -- New York
  • Manny G. -- Rifleman --
  • Matthew B. -- Rifleman -- Oklahoma
  • Ryan H. -- Grenadier -- Louisiana
  • Scott S. -- Rifleman -- New York
  • Thomas M. -- Squad Designated Marksman -- Pennsylvania
  • Unknown Soldiers of the 2SCR
I am so proud of each and every one of these warriors...I am humbled by their sacrifice...

How about you, are you in the fight?

A couple of short emails just arrived from Chris - I will blog about them a little later in the day....

v/r,
- Collabman

6 comments:

Marti said...

Myron,
Once again another outstanding post. Each one is better than the one before. I love the Wall of Heroes. I learned more about David's mos than he ever told me. I do know that he is also a sniper. He told me he really loves shooting. Just what every parent wants to hear. I came up with something he can do with that skill. He can go to work for the Sopranos as a hit man. Anyway, jokes aside, thanks for your blog and the education you are giving to many of us.
Marti

Collabman said...

Marti - thanks for the feedback and for making me laugh ;-)

Anytime...

v/r,
- Collabman

Anonymous said...

Dear Myron,
Thanks so much for your post, I love the wall of heroes too. I know now Alex's job title is Recon Scout, like David Jentis. I knew that, its so hard to keep track of titles vs descriptions. I know Alex gets bored with my questions on how it all works, your blog is very helpful. Thanks again, and a safe thought to all our heroes.
sincerely, stephanie

Collabman said...

Stephanie - thanks for the update ma'am - the change has been made...

Thanks for the comment and words of encouragement!

v/r,
- Collabman

Anonymous said...

I've just found this thanks to Marti - how do I add my son? He is 2/2 Cav -

Collabman said...

Vicki - thanks for the comment - see my email to you please for details...

Welcome! Great to have you with us!

v/r,
- Collabman