Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fallen Angel...

How much deeper can we dig? How much hurt can we bear? How much?

Whatever it takes...

Today I grieve for the Meza family and their loved ones. However, make no mistake...I will not give up...I will not lose hope...I will not stop trusting that God is in control...I will not stop praying and believing in our warriors...I am in this for the long haul -- we will get through this storm.

This photo caught my eye tonight. The image in its original context can be viewed on the John Coulthart website by clicking here.

The tough words today look like this...

Cpl. Gilberto A. Meza, 21, of Oxnard, Calif., died Oct. 6 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit. He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.

Cpl. Meza is a hero and will never be forgotten. As a nation, we will be forever grateful for the sacrifice he made on our behalf. My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of Cpl. Meza.

Yes, these are tough days...my faith is being tested...the 2nd SCR is being tested...they will not quit...nor will I.

How are you doing?

I love you Chris. Stay with it son -- keep taking care of business. We are not going anywhere...

v/r,
- Collabman

2 comments:

Marti said...

We are all in this together for the long haul and we will get each other through this. We have made it so far, 2 months now. As we pray everyday for our soldiers and the fallen angels, who are coming all to often now, we gather the strength to help our children fight the demons they may be facing from their daily horrors. I was watching a program this evening and Eleanor Roosevelt was quoted. These are only a few words but I found them to be appropriate here "....you get strength from those things you fear..." Can you imagine how strong we are getting each day?

CharlestonGirl said...

I almost hate to read the alerts now. I cry for everyone of them. I wonder if I am the only one who feels that they are coming in rapidly. I didn't expect this many so soon, I don't know what I expected. Strong, tough, trained and stubborn. They are. We must try to be 1/2 as brave in our own little corners of the world. Thank you for this blog, Lisa B