Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Riding With the Bulls...

Remember my blog called night vision? How about a look at some night time video of warriors from the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment conducting a night raid in Sadr City?

Ride along with the Bulls of 1st Squadron, 2nd SCR as they move
in, dismount, breach and search a house looking to disrupt an IED-making cell in Sadr City. Again I ask...look easy?

Here is the context before you grab your gear and hop a ride...and don't forget, this is all filmed through night vision technology.

Owning the night...

Video Location:
Baghdad

Unit Involved:
Bulls, 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment

Interviewee(s):
Pvt. Christopher Raya (Chicago, IL)

Spc. Craig McWilliams (Vilseck, Germany)

Submitting Unit:
113th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment

Date Taken: 11-02-2007

The full raw video can be viewed by clicking here.

Enjoy...

v/r,
- Collabman

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing this video. My son is with the 1/2. SPC Kris Davis. He was in this video for just a second, the time was 1:14. I didn't understand what he was saying but that was him. It's good to see them in action. I just pray that they All Stay Safe.
Debra Davis

Marti said...

Remember way back when the first war that regular folks like us saw in real time was Viet Nam? Who ever thought that so many years later WE would be embedded with our soldiers. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to share some of their experiences. Debra, glad you got a glimpse of Chris.

Collabman said...

Debra - way cool ;-)

Glad Kris was in the video...you made my day ;-)

v/r,
- Collabman

Unknown said...

I was able to see my husband Pvt. Raya Christopher. I am so proud of him. It just brought tears to my eyes with so many emotions. thank u so much
god bless
Deborah

Collabman said...

Debbie - nice, glad you saw your husband!

v/r,
- Collabman

Anonymous said...

thank you for showing this viedo.i was able to see my son pvt raya christopher.i have not seen him in a long time i am very proud of him brought tears to eyes. i can not wait for him to see his daughter. god bless all of them. sue raya

Collabman said...

Sue - very nice! I am so glad you were able to see your son.

Thanks for sharing - that made my day ;-)

v/r,
- Collabman

Anonymous said...

i read your thoughts everyday. i am glad you up date it everyday.i just wanted to thank you again for seeing my son pvt raya christopher .i look at that video all the time,first thing in the morning and say a pray.for all of the troops and to give chris a blow chris akiss. i hope to see more pictures of him and the other guys ,once again thank you very much.you have made my days brighter.i hope he is able to come home soon to meet his daughter for the first time she is almost 3months now .thank you sue raya

Unknown said...

thanks for posting this! my husband is with Bull company 1/2 and it makes me proud of him and all our guys over there to see videos like this!

Tim Kerns said...

Thank you. My son is SFC Jason Kerns. Although I didn't get to see him, it's good to at least have some news about what they are doing. Our "free" Country has a news blackout of sorts from over there, and the average American would rather not think about Iraq, as long as they have no loved ones in harms way. I want our boys to know that they are not forgotten. Please post more on the "Bulls". Thanks again.