Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Difference is You...

Searching a house : A US soldier from the 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment searches an abandoned house in Baghdad. (AFP/Jewel Samad)

Evening - happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going well. First off, I am so happy to see some of our warriors in our support group home on US soil and ready to relax during their much-deserved R&R period. That is so encouraging. To their loved ones, soak in every moment and enjoy your time together. We all look forward to hearing how it went...my wife and I can't wait for Chris' turn in May.

Not much to share tonight - seems quiet to me. I will take quiet...won't you?

There was one interesting article from Bill Roggio, The Long War Journal - Senior al Qaeda in Iraq leader killed in Miqdadiyah. Give it a read if you have time...this is related to ops in the Bread Basket.

We picked up on a photo from Chris showing the snow in Baghdad. I also had the info hounds push more images from today of the 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment as they continue to work the Baghdad area. I am not a smart guy but I would guess there is a photographer from AFP embedded with the 2-2 SCR...how else would you explain the wonderful photos of this squadron coming in on a daily basis?

Check out this photo Chris provided of the snow in Baghdad that occurred on Friday, 11 January 2008.

What next? Will Pigs Fly?

Before you take a look at today's photos of the 2-2 SCR, let me leave you with a favorite quote that Chris has posted on one of his social networking sites...

There's a difference between weakness and passion
Between fear and bravery

Between cowardice and heroism

The difference is you...

As I watch and pray for our warriors with the 2nd SCR, I think this quote is descriptive of every one of them who get up, gear up and get in the fight to make a difference.

I love this photo of the 2-2 SCR soldier reflected in the mirror...so, what difference are you and I making? What do we see when we look in the mirror?

A US soldier from the 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, searches a house looking for suspected militants during a raid in Baghdad, 16 January 2008. A female suicide bomber blew herself up in a marketplace in a small town north of Baghdad today, killing at least eight people, a local military commander said. JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images.

Chris, I love you son - I am so very proud of you. Be safe buddy!

v/r,
- Collabman


Securing Baghdad : US soldiers from the 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, secure an area in Baghdad. (AFP/Jewel Samad)


US soldiers from the 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, storm into a house in a residential neighbourhood. The commander of US forces in Iraq said on Wednesday that Iran was continuing to train militants despite Tehran's pledge to cut all support for the insurgency. (AFP/Jewel Samad )

1 comment:

Marti said...

I love the caption under the photo of the snow. Can pigs fly? Can you picture that in Iraq. Hmmm,
pigs flying....our army could leave a lot sooner!