Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A View From the Sandbox...

SPC Shawn Derrick and SPC Chris Stevenson (right), 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment take a break while serving northeast of Baghdad, Iraq. (CDS Photos, Inc.)


"I found myself instinctively scanning around corners, on top of roofs, through the gates, even into the crowd, trusting nothing. Oddly, none of it seemed real to me, like I couldn't believe I was actually there."

2LT David Eisler, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment


Evening...

HHD - say what? For some of us this is our way of saying Happy Hump Day - another one almost gone. The rest of the week is down hill...

The info hounds uncovered what looks to be a fascinating blog by David Eisler, a 23-year-old Army second lieutenant assigned to the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment. The lieutenant is sharing his deployment experiences in a blog called "Playing in the Sandbox." When you can, give it a look...

I trust you are looking forward to celebrating the 4th...we are, but boy do we miss our warrior.

Chris, we miss you son and think of you often! Hang in there and stay strong. Mom and I are always praying for you and the entire 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment.

Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It appears that Chris is right back in his comfort zone. Happy 4th.

Unknown said...

It is great to see my son relaxing with Chris! It would be a great Pepsi commercial with the pops they have in their hands. It is the first picture I have seen of my son Shawn in a few months. Nice to see he is doing okay. Thank you! Gen

Collabman said...

Hi Gen - thanks for the comment. It is such an encouragement to me when a mother, father, family member, or friends get a look at their warrior!!!

Thanks for sharing!

v/r,
- Collabman