Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scattered Sandals...


SPC Stevenson "...saw some interesting stuff today..."


Evening...

It was a tough day in the Diyala province and I am guessing, based on his comment above...a tough day for my warrior....

I am sure you have seen the story rippling across the net and hitting the blogs about the attacks in the north but if not...

Multiple bombings kill 40 in northern Iraq

The photos splashed across the virtual world tell the story well beyond the words in the article...but there is no need to show them here.

Scattered sandals, overturned bikes...blood stained floors. Just some of the sights our warriors from the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment continue to encounter as they take care of business in a tough environment called the Diyala province.

For me, these last few nights have been restless. My instincts tell me there will be more to come. The subtle indicators are hard to ignore...as I often say, hold fast.

Never let anyone tell you that your warrior's deployment and the stress it brings to your family and loved ones is not all that bad...never...

Chris, stay strong buddy and stay focused...we are praying for you all...I love you.

Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sure for Chris and the rest of our warriors it never gets easier to see "interesting stuff"