Sunday, July 13, 2008

Prayers...

Door to door...house to house...grief to grief...

Before you call it a night...

I would ask that you lift our warriors in Afghanistan up in your prayers and thoughts...it has been a tough 24 hours for them and the grief is just beginning. It would be so easy to turn and look the other way...

KABUL, Afghanistan - A multi-pronged militant assault on a small, remote U.S. base close to the Pakistan border killed nine American soldiers and wounded 15 Sunday in the deadliest attack on U.S. forces in Afghanistan in three years, officials said.

Noor Khan, Rahim Faiez and Fisnik Abrash/AP

My wife and I have a family from church we are friends with...their son is in the fight in Afghanistan today. I know they would covet your prayers during this difficult time for Andrew.

I will be in prayer tonight for our warriors in Afghanistan and the loved ones who support them...will you?

Thanks...

v/r,
- Collabman

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Once again, I have read of American soldiers whose lives were lost or wounded. It mattered not that they were in Afghanistan and not in Iraq, my tears flowed and my heart yet broke again.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to these soldiers and their families. It never gets easier, every loss is so painful.

I will add Andrew and his family to my prayers.

Terrie
Matt's Mom