Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Remember...

SPC Shawn Derrick, Dog Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment prepares for patrol in Iraq. (CDS Photos, Inc.)


"The confidence of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment platoon was infectious. If you had to trust your life to anyone, these professional men with their hi-tech weapons would be high on the list." David Smith - The Guardian


Evening...

As I sit here blogging I am watching (who said men can't multi-task?) an interesting story on the The Military Channel called Anatomy of a Stryker. This 60-minute story on the stryker shows "...the impressive technology and revolutionary capabilities of this vehicle, as well as the elite soldiers who operate them."

Now I thought I knew a little about the stryker. However, within the first 15 minutes I was stunned to see the capabilities of this marvelous fighting vehicle. Now I understand why Chris says he wouldn't travel in anything else...

Any guess on the most lethal capability a stryker vehicle brings to the fight? The nine-man infantry team it carries....our warriors. If you can access this channel I highly recommend watching this show. It will give you a first-hand look at a stryker and our warriors who ride in them.

The info hounds tipped a number of interesting articles you might find interesting and/or involve the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment...

U.S. Troops in Iraq Face A Powerful New Weapon

Drought threatens Iraq's crops and water supply

Iraqi forces estimated to become proficient in '09

Finally, here is a wonderful and touching Tribute in Oil to SPC Jason Marchand. Thanks to Ms. Vicki for sharing the article...

Let me close with a few photos which provide a look at a warrior who is part of Chris' team. The bond that is established in combat will last a lifetime. One day I hope Chris will look back through the archives of this blog and say...I Remember...

Enjoy!

Chris, I love you son. Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman


SPC Shawn Derrick, Dog Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment gets ready for operations in Iraq. (CDS Photos, Inc.)


SPC Shawn Derrick, Dog Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment interacts with an Iraqi during operations in Iraq. (CDS Photos, Inc.)


U.S. and Iraqi's playing soccer in Iraq. (CDS Photos, Inc.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you put that blog up, it really made my day! Once again, thank you! ~Gen Derrick

Unknown said...

I, too, watched the episode on the Strykers and certainly learned a great deal. As always, thanks for sharing Chris's photos.