Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reflections...

U.S. Army Spc. Matthew Wagner, 21, from Bedford, Ind. eyes an alleyway after his platoon from B Company, 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment came under fire in the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City in Baghdad, Iraq on Wednesday, April 23, 2008. (AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)


"Through the mirror of my mind
Time after time
I see reflections of you and me"

(Reflections - Brian Holland/Lamont Dozier/Edward Holland, Jr.)

Evening...

As I look back on the photos I have uploaded recently...and especially the ones taken today of 1st and 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment - I am touched by what I see...

However...

In the middle of the political landscape that is underway in our great country...I wonder if we have forgotten what has been asked of these warriors? Is it left to those of us who have a spouse, son, daughter, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc....in the fight? Do the others just not care? Tell me I am wrong...

Look at the face of SPC Matthew Wagner above...have we forgotten his sacrifice? I pray we haven't...there is way too much at stake here.

Every day these are the faces that flicker in the mirror of my mind as I pray for Chris and the entire 2nd SCR.

Reflections...who do you see?

Some quick snippets from the info hounds show...once again, Sadr City and the work being done by the 1-2 SCR is quite impressive...

PHOTOS: Cougars Provide Backpacks to Iraqi Orphans

Troops Kill Terrorist, Detain Others During Operations

MND-B Soldiers Kill 15 Criminals

MND-B Engage Criminals, Seize Weapons in Multiple Operations

Sadr City residents caught in the middle of Iraq showdown

Chris, I love you son and I see you and me everyday in my reflections...

Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman


An Iraqi woman is seen in the background as U.S. Army soldiers from B Company, 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment questions her family during a patrol in the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City in Baghdad, Iraq on Wednesday, April 23, 2008. (AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)


An Iraqi woman watches U.S. Army soldiers from B Company, 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment as they question her family during a patrol in the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City in Baghdad, Iraq on Wednesday, April 23, 2008. (AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)


U.S. Army soldiers from B Company, 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment lead a blindfolded man suspected of planting a roadside bomb near their patrol in the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City in Baghdad, Iraq on Wednesday, April 23, 2008. The man later tested positive for traces of explosives on his hands.
(AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)


U.S. Army soldiers from from B Company, 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment patrol in the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City in Baghdad, Iraq on Wednesday, April 23, 2008.
(AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)


Warriors from Dog Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment on patrol on the streets of Baghdad, Iraq.
(CDS Photos, Inc.)


Warriors from Dog Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment on patrol on the streets of Baghdad, Iraq. (CDS Photos, Inc.)


SPC Chris Stevenson, Dog Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment takes a break while on patrol in Baghdad, Iraq. (CDS Photos, Inc.)


Iraqi children reach for butterflies as Dog Company, 2-2 SCR conducts a patrol in Baghdad, Iraq.
(CDS Photos, Inc.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As I reflected over the years that our country has been in this war, I thought about your question, "Have Americans forgotten that we are at war?" I don't believe that we as a nation have forgotten, but I think that most Americans are tired of war and worried about the economy. As the price of gas goes up, so does the cost of food and other necessities of life. In my opinion what Americans want is for this war to be over, with the hopes that the money spent there will be spent here instead and our everyday needs will become affordable once again. The sacrifices our soldiers and their families make doesn't go unnoticed, but is being overshadowed by politicians who have their own agendas. Our soldiers are war weary and all I hear is this war will continue until we win. My question is, "Win what and at how much more sacrifice to our soldiers, their families and our country."

Collabman said...

Ms. Marti - well said...your points will cause everyone to pause and take note...

Thanks!

v/r,
- Collabman