Sunday, April 6, 2008

Catching Up...

An Iraqi boy points at a US soldier from Ghostrider Company 3rd Squadron 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment in the restive Diyala province, located northeast of Baghdad.
(DAVID FURST/AFP/Getty Images)

"I got up this morning, I've got a flag on my shoulder,
and I'm serving the best damn country in the world, it's a good day."

SPC Thomas Morris, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment


Evening...

It has been a busy weekend so I am in a little bit of a catch-up mode. To those of you who left comments or sent notes related to my recent blogs - thanks! Your words of encouragement and kindness are so very much appreciated by my wife and I.

For those asking, the two-line note from Chris the other day is still all we have received...once things settle down we know he will call.

There are a number of articles out these past few days covering activities of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment. I am sure you have seen them - no? Then read on...

Let's get to them, broken down by squadron involvement or identification in the article...

1st Squadron
Rockets Kill 3 US Troops in Baghdad
Maintenance, cleaning, hydration highlight life at JSS Sadr City

2nd Squadron
Commander says Iraqis have positive impact on security

3rd Squadron
More Bodies Unearthed at Mass Grave

84th Engineer Company, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment
Units to specialize in fighting roadside bombs

Chris, you are always on my mind and heart. Stay safe buddy and check in when you have time.

I love you son!

Love, Dad

No comments: