Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fallen Angels...


"I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining"

(Praise You in This Storm - Casting Crowns)

It's still raining...

The "name not released yet" list of fallen angels on the Coalition Casualties website had grown very large over the last few days. I was watching and waiting. Many were from Multi-National Division-Baghdad - which always causes me to pause and wonder. Was I worried? Yes...

Did I wonder if the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment had missing warriors? Yes and my heart ached.

Missing warriors...today it became real for all of us. How much pain can we bear? How many tears will we shed? How many times can our hearts be torn? Someone, anyone?

Whatever it takes...we will press on and hold fast. I will not give up hope...

Read the words. Let the names wash over you and remember to pray for the Lilly and Kazarick families.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones. We will never forget...

Sgt. Michael T. Lilly, 23, of Boise, Idaho, died April 7 in Sadr City, Iraq, when enemy forces attacked using a rocket propelled grenade. He was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.

Spc. Jason C. Kazarick, 30, of Oakmont, Pa., died April 7 in Sadr City, Iraq, when enemy forces attacked using a rocket propelled grenade. He was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.

--------------------------

Chris, I love you son...be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman

2 comments:

Marti said...

Two more of our Stryker families have now got to come to grip with the loss of their beloved soldiers. Our hearts can only hurt for them, their hearts are broken.

Is there an end in sight? I guess it depends on whose eyes you are looking through.

Stryker Mom in OR said...

My heart and my prayers go out to these families. Our family knows all too well what they are enduring as we went through this just three months ago.

May God have mercy on them and hold them tight as He leads them through this most difficult and excruiating path.