Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fallen Angel...


The painful, almost debilitating news from Iraq continues to crash down on us...1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment has felt the pain of losing another hero...another warrior.

Lives have forever been changed...

When will it end?

Another Blue Star Service Flag will come down...replaced by a Gold Star Service Flag that will silently hang in a window somewhere in the U.S. Will those who see it recognize what it symbolizes? On the last Sunday in September, 2008 another grieving mother will stand and be honored with so many others who have lost a son or a daughter in war...her loss can never be understood.

There are simply no words to describe this pain...and the mental exhaustion of adding another name to the Fallen Angels Wall for the 2nd SCR. However, I press on as I will never quit or give up hope.

Just as I have done in the past I would ask you to pray for the Candelo family and loved ones...they are hurting beyond belief. I am sure they never expected that knock on the door...

May God surround this family with a love that passes all understanding. We will never forget his service and sacrifice.

Spend a moment and read the words in the announcement and honor his sacrifice by remembering his courage and commitment...

Cpl. Steven I. Candelo, 20, of Houston, died March 26 in Baghdad, when his vehicle was struck by a rocket propelled grenade. He was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.

--------------------------

Chris, you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers...I love you...

Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you!I have a son in law right there with you!

Robertson said...

I just heard of this site tonight and want to thank you for the pictures. My son is SPC Robertson. He is in 2-2 SCR. It made my night much better. Thanks again.