Monday, June 23, 2008

Fallen Angel...


"These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

"My Immortal"

It's getting harder to find the right words. What are the right words? Please forgive me if I struggle to express my feelings. The 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment...no, we...have lost another young, brave, courageous warrior...

I have been following this story since it broke last Friday. The headline read...

Coalition Force Soldiers attacked in Diyala

The words, as they always are, were sterile..."TIKRIT, Iraq – One Soldier was killed and five wounded in three roadside bomb attacks on Coalition force patrols in Diyala province June 20."

The pain started and I didn't even know for sure...but somehow I knew...

What caught my eye? One word...Diyala. I winced when reading that word...and I began to pray for an unknown family who was about to have their world turned upside down by a simple knock on their door...

My tears still roll...I wonder if the stains left behind by these tears can be seen...I wonder...

When will it end? Our hearts are broken. My prayers and thoughts go out to this warrior's family and friends. SSG Du Hai Tran will never be forgotten...never. We will remember...

Linger over the following words for just a moment...won't you?

SSG Du Hai Tran, 30, of Reseda, Calif., died Jun. 20 in Baqubah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit while on patrol during combat operations. He was assigned to the Fires Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany.



v/r,
- Collabman

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! I knew from the first picture it was going to be bad. That was a beautiful tribute M. Bless SSG Du Hai Tran's family and friends. I'm so ready for pain to stop!!

God Bless OUR Troops!
Terrie
Matt's Mom

Robertson said...

My condolences go out to the Tran family and all the families who have lost a son or daughter making the ultimate sacrifice.

Unknown said...

It never gets easier to hear this news. More broken families, more broken hearts, more reasons to bring our soldiers home.

Anonymous said...

When a few days, or even a few weeks pass without another death notice, we begin to acquire that false sense of security and hope that there won't be another. Once again that hope has been dashed, and another family grieves. My prayers for SSG Tran's family and loved ones. George, Dan's Dad.

Anonymous said...

My condolences go out to the Tran family and all the families who have lost a son or daughter!