Monday, August 4, 2008

Ice Water in Their Veins...

SPC Shawn Derrick (L) and SPC Brandon (Robo) Robertson, Dog Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment relax during a break while on patrol in Iraq. (CDS Photos)


When you are a soldier I will be your shield
I will go with you into the battlefield

And when the arrows start to fly
Take my hand and hold on tight
I will be your shield, 'cause I know how it feels
When you are a soldier

Steven Curtis Chapman/When You Are a Soldier



Afternoon...

Not much being reported today regarding the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment. I will take a no news day for our guys.

The info hounds did tip a video on Outlaw Troop, 4th Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment as they work to dispose of an unexploded ordnance in the Diyala province. I found it to be a good look at our warriors as they decide not to wait on the EOD team to arrive. It is an unflinching look at the process they work through...and makes me think they must have ice water in their veins.

So, will it make you a little nervous to peer over their shoulders as they prepare the unexploded weapon for disposal?

Enjoy the video and continue to pray for our warriors as they continue operations in Iraq.

Chris, I love you son!

Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman


2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Pick it up and shake it" What were they thinking? It is always helpful to have a sense of humor.

Deb B said...

Oh my gosh, i could not even watch that to the end.
I just have to trust that they know what they are doing but that is just too intense for me