Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bored...

SPC Chris Stevenson, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, during R&R. I always said I would resort to these photos when I got bored.
I wonder what your teammates will say about this picture? Doh!
(CDS Photos)


Evening...

Yes, I am bored...I admit it - I am bored. 263 blogs into this 15 month journey called deployment to Iraq...and there is just nothing to blog about for Chris and the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment.

The news on the 2nd SCR has slowed to a trickle...umm, maybe a drip is a little more accurate. The articles are few and far between and the photos carried by major news outlets have all but disappeared.

I noted tonight that the embedded photographer with the 2nd SCR has moved on - she is now working Baghdad. Oh well... it must indicate, and I am speculating now, that there is not much action in the Diyala province.

However, to be honest - I am ok being bored...I really am. I will happily take no news.

Here are a few articles that involve the 2nd SCR and may be of interest to those of us with warriors in Iraq.

Detainee rules frustrate Iraqis

Police ban all firearms in Diyala

Two suicide bombers killed in Iraq, US military says

Chris, I love you. I hope the pictures made you laugh a little...I did :-)

Yes, I am bored...hang in there and stay focused buddy. We are praying for you all.

Be safe!

v/r,
- Collabman

3 comments:

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 08/28/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

Anonymous said...

It really IS OK to be bored.
I take a deep breath and read a mystery.

Hope you are doing OK.

Miss you bloging. Just stop in & say "HI!!".

P. Hight

Collabman said...

@P. Hight - thanks for the note and comment...I appreciate it!

v/r,
- Collabman