Monday, December 3, 2007

Sent With Love...

Happy Monday! We are one day closer to having our warriors home, yes? As I arrived home tonight I took a peek at the email flow within our support group and what a wonderful feeling it was to see our soldiers checking in with loved ones. It appears our warriors are hanging in there and doing well. We continue to pray for them and their safety - they still have much work to do in Baghdad. For me I continue to take one day at a time...how are you doing?

Last night our home was a beehive of activity as four wonderful ladies spent the evening packing and preparing 31 boxes for shipment overseas to our servicemen and women. I had the easy job of photographing them as they worked and you know what...I learned a lot about them just by watching and listening. Maybe I need to do more of this...

What caught my attention as these ladies sorted the items, filled every nook and cranny of the boxes and then prepared them for shipment was the love they showed for men and women they would never meet. How else do you explain what they did? I was also touched by all the items that were donated by our church...again, how do you express their gifts in words. I can't...

Jane, Maria, Nancy and Teena didn't know most of these soldiers, sailors and marines but you know what...it didn't matter. They went about their business knowing that their efforts would help put a smile on the faces of servicemen and women who would spend this Christmas serving their country...away from their families and loved ones. These women freely gave of their time and asked nothing...absolutely nothing in return. Talk about being in the fight and supporting our country in their own quiet way - that's what these ladies did last night and do every time they faithfully pray for our warriors.

So here is a virtual thank you and hug to Jane, Maria, Nancy and Teena for all their efforts. Well done ladies! These packages will be warmly received - trust me on that.

Let me close with a simple slideshow from last night...as you watch the photos know that these boxes were indeed sent with love...

v/r,
- Collabman

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
Thank you for all you do!! It makes my heart swell with happiness when I see the support our troops have from the home front. It isn't the goodies or gifts that mean the most, it is the support and love that comes in each package. For our troops to know that they haven't been forgotten and that we support them 100%, appreciating their sacrifices, that means the most.

Blessings,
Terrie, Matt's Mom

Marti said...

Thank you soooo very much for the way you support our troops. It means so much for them to receive packages from home and you know how to do it right. Thanks to the rest of your crew. It looks like you had a great time. Wish I lived closer so I could have helped.
I don't want to forget the photographer. You did a great job documenting the occasion.

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Friends,
Thank you so much for making all of those soldiers smile! Each and everyone of them will know that they aren't forgotten. Being away during the holidays has got to take a toll on all of them, but knowing they are getting a package from a "secret Santa" will let them know we still have their backs back home. Thanks again for your support!

Karissa