Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fallen Angel...

I wondered why my inbox was bursting at the seams tonight when I opened it. However, there was no mistake once it opens. It has been a while since we have had to face this type of information - but the alerts are crystal clear. There is a fallen angel from the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment.

I take a deep breath and prefer to look away. I don't...I mutter to no one in particular - not again, not now...it's almost Christmas. This is not right...how, why?

My heart aches and I cry for a family I don't even know...

You know the drill...let the words wash over you and please, pray for this family that is hurting, really hurting.

Spc. Randy W. Pickering, 31, of Bovey, Minn., died Dec. 9 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained in a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the Regimental Support Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, 1st Armored Division, Vilseck, Germany.

To the Pickering family - we are praying for you during this time of loss. Spc. Pickering will not be forgotten.

To Chris, be strong and be safe buddy. I love you.

v/r,
- Collabman

1 comment:

Marti said...

It has been awhile since we have had news of a fallen angel and I guess like most of us deep within myself was hoping there wouldn't be another. I believe that is what is called a false sense of hope.
In this season of what should have been joy for the Pickering family we will share their grief for we too are part of their extended family. God bless them and their hero.