Sunday, September 28, 2008

Iraq - The Next Generation...



Evening...

Back on September 11, 2008, I wrote a blog called Vivid Memories. I had been tipped that CNN had interviewed a number of our warriors from the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment in Baquba, Iraq for a video they were producing. I got busy and never went back to look for it...

Tonight I had some free time and went hunting. Sure enough...there was the video...

Take a look - maybe you will see one of your warriors that Arwa Damon, CNN International Correspondent, wrote about in the article posted on my 9/11/2008 blog.

Note the patches, the faces, the location.

These are today's warriors and heroes who are working their way through 15 long months of combat. Warriors so young on 9/11/2001 they had no idea they would become part of the next generation to serve in harm's way on foreign soil.

Listen to their views as they take care of business and grind through each day.

I am so proud of these men and women...

Enjoy the video and thanks for the sacrifice your warrior is making. I appreciate all they are doing...

Chris, I love you son!

Be safe!

v/r,
Collabman


Iraq: the new generation
CNN's Arwa Damon talks to young troops serving in Iraq, many of whom were barely teenagers during the 9-11 attacks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My nephew Jon worked in the World trade center complex, but fortunately was o.k. It was a day of panic for our family because we could not reach him. When Thomas saw the towers go down he thought "they got Jon." That was the day he told me "this stuff has to be stopped. We can't be having people attacking us here, not on my watch." After that there was no talking him out of joining the Army. He joined in april 2004 at 17 yrs. old and is doing what he can to make sure something like that doesn't happen again. And I'm proud to call such a brave young man my son.

Unknown said...

Sgt Cavanaugh is my son, although I hate this war I am proud of my son as he told me "because of our presence the people here especially the children can safely walk the streets".
I love you son, may the lord blesss thee and keep thee.