Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You Earn Your Spurs...


A warrior from Ghostrider Company, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment on patrol in Iraq.


"You are issued your horse, you buy your Stetson, but you earn your spurs."


Evening...

Almost hump day and still very quiet. Current news and photos for the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment are almost non-existent. No worries, the info hounds will keep hunting...

There is an interesting video that was posted to YouTube showing operations from Ghostrider Company, 3rd Squadron, 2nd SCR. More on that video in a few tics...

First, I wanted to share a blog that I have been following since the 2nd SCR went down range. It's called Pearl in the Desert and it has been a great read. It is written by a Naval Flight Officer on an Individual Augmentation (IA) assignment in Iraq with the 2nd SCR. Formal speak for a US Navy guy serving with a US Army unit. Talk about a unique experience and opportunity!

Take a moment and read his latest blog - Big Morning. I think you will find it interesting - especially the background and the presentation of his "Gold Spurs."

To Pearl - well done sir and thanks for your sacrifice and service to our country. Tip of the hat mate...I enjoyed your blog.

Now the video...a mixture of still frame shots and video segments...tagged as G Co, 3-2 SCR. Maybe you will see someone you recognize?

Enjoy...


Warriors from Ghostrider Company, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment pose for a photo in Iraq.



-------------------

Chris - we continue to pray for you and the entire 2nd SCR. Have I told you how much I love you son? I love you and I am proud of your work - I remember your sacrifice every day...

Be safe...we are counting...

v/r,
- Collabman

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you wonder why it's been so quiet for so long? I am hoping this is truly a good sign.

Collabman said...

Ms Marti - I do indeed...quiet, very quiet!

v/r,
- Collabman